SC - helpmehelpmehelpmehelpme

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Thu Sep 11 22:15:13 PDT 1997

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:31:50 -0700 GARNER at admin.hnc.edu writes:
>I was just given 15 pounds of ripe figs.  I live alone.  I don't even
>have a chihuahua.   Is there such a thing as fig jam? pickled figs?
>Do figs freeze?
>
>Juana Teresa
>garner at admin.hnc.edu

I don't know, but they're delicious dried! They also make wonderful
period fruit rollups. I can't think of the name of that recipe or where
it came from right now, but you cook the figs down, run them through a
strainer, cook them some more until very thick, add some sugar and spices
if I remember correctly, then spread it out to dry. Sorry I'm not more
specific. I should have been in bed hours ago, but I've still got 56
messages to read.

Julleran