SC - Food Book!

John or Fraya Davis gameroom at infowest.com
Sat Sep 13 19:49:49 PDT 1997

Just picked up what I think is the best book for medieval cooks since the
cookbook!  It's called "Food" by Waverley Root, Konecky & Konecky, NY ISBN:
1-56852-101-4.  It's an authorative and visual history and dictionary of the
foods of the world.  It includes much documentation of when foods were eaten
and some on how they were prepared by different cultures.  It's amazing
what's in there about the potato!  I didn't know that!

Anyway, if you can't find it at your bookstores or just need a little more
information about a certain food and maybe when or not it was used
medievally, just email me.  I'll be glad to help.

In service and friendship,

Gillian