SC - Violets

Meliora & Drake meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au
Wed Sep 17 02:16:49 PDT 1997

>dredge them liberally in granulated sugar, spread them back into petal
>form and dry. Use to garnish the tops of things-candied violets are
>deucedly expensive in cake decorating supply catalogues. You can do the
>same with rose petals as well.
>margali

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions for candying, drying and
otherwise using the violet petals.  Unfortunately, by the time they came out
of the mixture, the violets weren't much use for anything.  However I did
save all of the recipes and my neighbour's garden is still full of blooms .....

Meliora - wondering if she could drag her husband violet picking this
weekend again ...

PS, an AYE for Gunthar.  Thank you so much for allowing me the oppportunity
of "meeting" so many wonderful people.