SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #280

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Thu Sep 18 05:25:26 PDT 1997

>Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:24:53 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Uduido at aol.com
>Subject: SC - Badge-seriuos

><< I'd suggest, for our use "(fieldless) a nef in the shape of a wheeled
>ship,
> or".  This would match a surviving period nef, isn't "obvious", but is
> absolutely period and cookery related.  And it avoids all the cliched
> symbolism of cookpots, spoons, forks, plates, and so forth. >>
>
>I like this idea. It denotes at the very least a sense of seriousness and
>would make one  hell of a great tabard. Could we use a salamander as a mast
>head?....<whistling>?
>
>Lord Ras

OK, I suggest we simplify the idea and go for personal ornamentation. How
'bout we wear pins which are salamanders on sage leafs. Hat-band decoration,
scotts bonnet badge, belt-buckle, cup-brooch, it works for all of 'em.

If it passes, great. If it doesn't, Oh Well.

Aoife

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.
				---Alexandre Dumas

Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes.
				---Oscar Wilde

Hold tight, Grommit. Think of Lancashire Hotpot.
				---Wallace, A Grande Day Out