SC - recipe request (dessert, Irish/English or whatever)

Russell Gilman-Hunt conchobar at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:43:11 PDT 1997

Hello, the Congregation!

I am an Irishman, looking to make an appropriate dessert for
a potluck later next month.  I have 2 dogs, 4 cats and an
8 month child, and a wife. . . I need something I can do in
maybe an hour.  I am from the 12th century (~1130).

So I am looking for a recipe for a dessert, perferably in some
variant of English from that time period.  (heck, ANY Irish
12th century ideas would be welcome!)  I'm a pretty good cook,
but a lousy confectioner (made lollipops once; I wound up with
sticks floating in a nice green sugar sauce that tasted of food
coloring).

English would be OK, or something brought back from the first
Crusade or something (persona history is still a little vague.)

Any ideas?

And an "Aye" for pappa Gunther!
===
Possum.
"I can."

What is a friend?  A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
- --Aristotle