SC - cookbook holders

Thu Sep 18 14:33:16 PDT 1997

  Ooooh. neat idea. And if the book holder would hold the glass or clear
  plastic securely, you could mark off recipe steps or ingredients with
  a grease pencil or washable marker as you added them. Just the thing
  to help you remember if you had added those peppers or that mustard seed
  when you get back from that children caused interruption or phonecall or
  whatever. Of course, you experienced cooks might be able to tell by taste.

A lovely gift we had, until it broke, was a piece of lucite folded so that a
cookbook would tuck behind it, in a sort of square-shaped "J".  The back of
the J was covered with a magnetic material, and it would stick very solidly
to the refrigerator.

As to the spices, I tend to take them out all at once before I cook, and put
them back when added.  Unless I am improvising: in which case I take them
out one at a time, so I don't forget and add the same thing twice.

	Tibor