SC - Re: Commemorative Cooking

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Fri Sep 19 11:29:45 PDT 1997

> Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
> >
> >   Chicken Zifran (a.k.a. Poulet Gendy)
> >
> > Needs to be marinated in coffee, first, doesn't it?  And smoked
> > ham, of course.
>
> Emphatically not! We don't want the food getting up off the plate
> and holding a Dear Great Peer session, do we? It has to stay at
> least clinically dead, which it technically is before it's had its
> first cuppa.

Perhaps the coffee can be served afterwards.  I definitely think that
this is a dish which calls for smoking as some part of the treatment,
more so than deep frying.  :-)

> [Sir Edward was once examined by Mistress Rannveigr (my God, I can't
> believe I've forgotten whose -dottir she is) who is, mundanely, a
> pathologist, one morning when Sir Ed had not yet had his coffee. She
> declared him legally dead, based on his blood pressure, pulse, and
> body temperature.]
>
> The smoked ham was an accidental omission on my part... .

I've heard this...:-)

> >         Tibor (And, thank goodness we aren't starting with pork
> >         butt... :-)
>
> I've been spending more of my time standing in front of the computer
> for that reason...
>
> Adamantius

What gives with the pork butt and computer screen?  :-)

Maybe next round we'll start with coffyns (late Crowns, ya know :-))
and come up with fillings.  That could be fun, too.  :-)

Berengaria (still contemplating Chicken Rorik, Chicken Irel,
Chicken Thornbird...that one's a gimme...:-))

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver
College of Law
Ext. 6288