SC - Crustade?

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 20 12:22:11 PDT 1997

At 03:07 17-9-97 +0000, Lord Ras wrote:

><< For what it's worth, I used to have a cookbook, part of a TimeLife series,
>
> called "The Cooking of Italy."  One of the recipes in there sounded
> identical to what you describe and the editors _claimed_ that it was a very
> very old Tuscan recipe. >>
>
>Come on, oh knowledgable Ones.... you can tell us. It's right on the tip o'
>me tongue! :-(
>
>Lord Ras

On pp 28-29 is a recipe called "*Crostata di Ricotta* (Cheese Pie)."  The
caption for the accompanying photo says "*Crostata di ricotta* is one of the
oldest of Roman dishes."  [*The Cooking of Italy*, by Waverley Root and the
Editors of Time-Life Books.  Copyright 1968, Time Inc.]

Is that the one you mean?

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly