SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #300

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Sep 23 05:14:34 PDT 1997

>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 19:02:59 -0500
>From: "Eoian" <jack at cwebs.com>
>Subject: Re: SC - cooking laurels & drawn butter
>
>Ummmm...  Anyone have a period recipe for this one? ; )
>the idea of
>> cooking laurels doesn't seem very widely spread out here.
>>
>> elaina

You know, just for gigles, I took out a source book and randomly picked a
recipe, substituting the word laurels for the major ingredient. The result
was a fit of laughter that woke up my children, and this *before* my first
cup of char.

My Humble Contribution (TM):

For to Make (Aethelmearc) Laurel

Nym laurel & boille hem in wyn, and bray hem in a morter wth bred. Tempre
hit up wyth goud wyn; boille it. Do therto goud spicere & hole reasons.
Dresse hit; florisshe it above with pomme garnets.

Note: For to Make laurels of Other Kingdoms, substitute other gems for the
"pomme garnets" (honest, that's what the recipe said! Garnets! You just
can't make this stuff up).

Based on : For to Make Fygey #62 Curye on Inglysch, part II Diverse Servicia

Aoife-----It's Waaaaaay too early in the morning.