SC - thanks

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 23 07:00:41 PDT 1997

Marisa Herzog wrote:

> May I add to the above list of questions, how many of you who are
> regularly
> feast cooks and who rank above 'altar-boy' on the heirarchy were
> competant
> cooks before SCA?  I mean did you learn because you were into the SCA,
> or did
> you have a cooking backround before?
> -brid

mundanely i apprenticed in a classic french rest., not one of those
silly nouvelle cuisine places, we wanted to hear the capillaries scream
for mercy! I spent 3 years working around school and my day job. I
stopped because I found myself losing interest in cooking at all, and so
I kept it as a hobby, and I have played with my food since then. I have
feastocratted, and still regularly help in kitchens, but as my back is
quite bad, I have to watch out not to strain it, so a lot of the
standing and heaving about of bags of food get tricky in the wrong
weather[on the other hand, I know well in advance what the weather will
be like on a given weekedn lol] My friends and roommates get used as lab
rats whenever I get a new cookbook, and I haven't killed them yet, but
we have had a few really odd meals, especially when I get out the
apicius, but they are all sca and don't mind as long as i let them know
what is in each dish.

margali