SC - Field Expedient Noodles

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 23 07:18:55 PDT 1997

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I sent out a post earlier but I don't think it went through so here it
> is again.
>
> On the subject of noodles I would like to mention one of my favorite
> substitutes
> for good homemade noodles.  Slice flour tortillas into long thin
> strips and
> add them to broth.  I can make a pretty good chicken noodle soup using
> canned
> chicken broth, store bought roasted chicken, and tortillas.  Boil up
> some
> veggies in the broth if desired, add the boned chicken and tortillas
> and
> Serve It Forth.  Total time: Less than 30 minutes.
>
> Anybody else have good shortcuts?
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

! 32 oz can college inn chicken broth, 1/2 container of the whole
already peeled garlic cloves, 3 pieces candied ginger, t tsp dried
paarsley, 2 chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces. put all in a pot
and simmer 15 min or until the chicken is done

1 12 oz can college inn beef broth, 2 tbsp honey mustard-simmer together
until piping hot and mustard is dissolved. take off the heat, add 1 cup
frozen peas, then add 1 cup heavy cream. comes out very much like
Sallamallah the corpulents mustard soup, and garnish with croutons if
youd like.

margali