SC - bird or bay?

Wed Sep 24 07:19:31 PDT 1997

>> Sounds like something I have called a rum pot-rum[of course] raasins,
>> almonds, apples, orange slices, cloves cinnamon, ginger and all sorts of
>> goodies just lurking in the corner in a crock. I use it in my puddings
>> instead of the oddly colored preserved fruit bits trhe recipes call for.
>>
>> margali
>
>how marvelous!  i thought i was the -only- one on earth to keep that jar
>of mixed fruit parts soaking all year long to use for holiday fruitcakes
>and mincemeant and pound cakes, and . . .
>
>elaina

Dear Ladies, I am enchanted by this idea which I have never come across.
 It seems delightfully simple and a practicle solution to some baking
problems.

Do you use straight rum or cut it with water?  Is the crock loosely or
tightly covered?  Are the citrus slices rind-on?  If so, how quickly
does the alcohol soften the rind?

Your comments on your experiences will be appreciated.

Bear