SC - caffeine was Burned Rice-sa

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Fri Sep 26 08:57:40 PDT 1997

                      caffeine was Burned Rice-saving              9/26/97

<snip>
tibor....that is a rather interesting comment, as tea has twice the caffiene
ofcoffee.  If you are allergic to coffee it has to be something other
thancaffienethat you are allergic to.I know in my case, that more than two
cups of coffee in the moring and I bounce
off walls the rest of the day, yet, I can drink gallons of ice tea with
noeffect... in my case I suspect the sugar has something to do with it as I
canonly drink pepsi in the same sparing amounts as coffee
<snip>

>From my highschool chem class: while tea leaves technichally contain more
caffeine than coffee- the way we process the two sources makes it so that
brewed coffee beverage will contain more coffeine than brewed tea beverage.
tea leaves are basically dried crumbled and steaped for a couple minutes in
hot water.  Coffee beans get dried, processed ground finely and generally
steeped longer- if not boiled to heck (for turkish greek etc.)  So if you test
the two actual beverages for their caffeine content the coffee will be higher.
 if you test the sources, the tea will be higher.
- -brid
( some useless info, happy friday all!)