SC - Re: Tea vs. coffee

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Fri Sep 26 14:02:47 PDT 1997

>James and/or Nancy Gilly wrote:

>tibor....that is a rather interesting comment, as tea has twice the caffiene
of
coffee.  If you are allergic to coffee it has to be something other than
caffienethat you are allergic to.
I know in my case, that more than two cups of coffee in the moring and I
bounce
off walls the rest of the day, yet, I can drink gallons of ice tea with no
effect... in my case I suspect the sugar has something to do with it as I can
only drink pepsi in the same sparing amounts as coffee<

Actually, I'm not sure if tea has more caffeine that coffee -- I've seen
"studies" that indicate that coffee has more caffeine than tea and tea has
more than coffee.  I think it all depends on what particular blend you use of
each, and how strongly you brew it.  However, tea does have other chemicals in
it which to relax the body.  So you get the caffeine kick without the coffee
nerves!  If you want more information, just look up coffee, tea, or caffeine
on the Internet.  I have long since forgotten just which URL I got the above
information from.

>aine

Derdriu