SC - Re: Plum pudding request (WAS: Gunthar, look at this)

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Sep 29 09:27:00 PDT 1997

Maybe it's just that no one has a recipe?  I don't think these things
usually get kept in the fridge; they wouldn't have been in period.  I do
believe that one of the first half-dozen Compleat Anachronists, a rather
weak Cavalier number, included a close-to-period recipe.  An
acquaintance of mine submitted a plum pudding that O. Cromwell railed
against as an example of Popish excesses he was combatting, or some
such.  Maybe it was other Puritan types denouncing it?  If no one else
comes up with anything, I'll see if I can find it, and a date.

Chimene