SC - Butter Cookie Recipe

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Tue Sep 30 08:22:26 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> I was asked for my wife's butter cookie recipe.  Here it is.  Tain't period,
> however.

good gentles, when my mother finally passes to the summerland, may it be a
hundreed yrs from now....it will not be the houses, the car, the trust or the
many, many ducats in the bank that we fight over...but her cookbook that is
already been claimed by BOTH of us...I have even offered that huge 6 carat
flawless engagement ring that I am to inherit [mom's 50th wedding gift from dad]
for that darn book.  NOPE, no go, he sez...try again...grins.
Mom, othoh, has decided, or so she says,  she claims to have flipped a coin and
that is the one who shall get the book,  the book, btw, has her cookie recipe in
it...it is called spritz cookies...it like the butter cookie recipe is
can be altered to make any number of different cookies..
Last night I tried to give him my share of the house, and he countered, with
I could have his share of the boat.... my mother finds this all very amusing
and lets her two middle aged chidlren duke it out... over a mere cookbook.
Yes, I suspose I could just have a rare book dealer find me a copy...
the book is geared to a woman who cooks during WWII - all sorts of conversions for
a person who has NO or rationed amounts of sugar.
with honey for a substitute.  Lots of interesting things like that...
hehehehe, I'll get it yet.... grins.
Aine