SC - potential problem foods

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Tue Sep 30 17:51:54 PDT 1997

Peters, Rise J. wrote:

>  Most cooks know that the beef stew they fix at home is best the
> day after it's made, but that principle is hard to apply to feast
> cooking.

I like to make a base for my soup earlier in the week, and keep it on
the stove at home.  The day before the event, it goes into the 'fridge,
and travels to the site in zip-locs (whatever would I do without
them!).  That way, I've got the long cooking times I want.  I still
tinker with it on site, adding water and veggies, but I know what I've
got.

Sorry for answering this post in two notes.

Rosalinde
- --
My latest story - TEA FOR TWO - available October 1
at The Case (http://www.thecase.com/twist)
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/