SC - Cranberries?

Griff41520 at aol.com Griff41520 at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 08:47:33 PDT 1997

Greetings Good Gentles,

     I  have a few "newbie" questions.  I am recently removed from the
distant north of East Kingdom (ie Maine) where we have been blessed with
cranberries in abundance.  Now I live in Trimaris, where cranberries are not
in abundance but my love for them still overfloweth.  I have desired to share
this abundant love with the other shire folk but have no knowledge of the
periodness of my beloved berries.  Hast any goode Gentle come across a
mention of the humble cranberry.  I once read in passing that the
Russians/Scandinavians had a word in their vocabulary for cranberry but all
other evidence that i have seen points to cranberries being indigenous to the
New World.
     In conjuntion with that, I have made cookies using the dried cranberries
in the past want to make them for an upcoming event.  Is baking soda/ baking
powder period, or is there a period replacement for them.

Thank You

Slainte
Ivy~
,