SC - Italian cookbook

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 3 13:17:57 PDT 1997

 I found in my rambles at a used book store a book called "Columbus Menu"
which was put out by the Italian Trade Commission during the Columbus
celebration in 1992.  It's a fun little book that talks about New World
food and when and where they were introduced into Europe.  It also includes
the year and a modern version of the first Italian recipe that used the
vegie or food item.  I'll try to bring it tomorrow if anyone wants more
info.  It talks about squash, turkey, cocoa, tomato, maize, peppers and
beans.  Meabhdh and I checked over it and while he hasn't documented
everything, the facts check out fairly well with stuff we did know.
        Also always on the look out.

        Clare St. John