SC - SC-Gingerbread Advice Needed

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Fri Sep 5 20:40:52 PDT 1997

Aoife asks about period gingerbrede.

First off, congratulations on using a real medieval recipe, instead of
saying "gingerbread is period, so I'll use my gramma's gingerbread cake".
As you've discoverd, it's a very different animal!

There's a gal in our barony who makes a killer medieval gingerbrede, the
kind with the bread crumbs in it. It ends up with a chewy, but slightly
sticky consistency, and the spices are strong enough to make you sit up
and take notice The stuff is positively hot, there's so much pepper in
it. YUM!

I don't have her recipe, but you can email her at avagard at halcyon.com.
Her name is Leticia, and she has reams of documnetaion for her work, if
that's what you want (as I would! :))

- --Anne-Marie

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau