SC - Gingerbread

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 07:48:57 PDT 1997

<< I looked up gingerbread in
 Pleyn Delit. They use my exact source, and their proportions are: 1/2 cup
 honey to 1 entire loaf's worth of 4 day old breadcrumbs (not dry, however).
 That's not what I had in mind, and I'm not sold that it's what was intended
 by the original. >>

My experiments along this line were without fail very similar to the texture,
etc. of  modern 'granola' bars. IMHO, that is exactly what period gingerbread
recipes are meant to be like. However, I must say that NONE of my experiments
are anything that I, personally, wouldd say are 'memorable'. Neither, would I
consider posting the more successful ones to this list. If you come up with
something that is truly yummy please let me know. Sorry, I couldn't be of
more help.

Lord Ras