SC - cream puff's

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 13:08:14 PDT 1997

<< Pate choux/'creampuff'
 dough is. Puff pastry is flour and water dough rolled with shortening
 over and over again, until it is 20 or so layers thick. Choux dough is
 flour, water and shortening mixed together in a sauce pan and then pipes
 out onto a baking sheet, where it is cooked a second time. I apprenticed
 in a kitchen during my misspent youth[until i figured out that i'd
 rather do it as a hobby and enjoy it]

 margali >>

Sorry. The crampuff dough is what I meant. I learned it from my mom and gram
who both called it 'puff pastry" which they used to make 'cream puffs". LOL.
But it is this mixture that I used for the "Isicia ex Spondylis" recipe from
Apicius. Also I did not use a pastry tube to put it on a baking sheet for
this particular recipe. (As far as that goes I don't use one when I make
regular 'cream puffs". Be that as it may, thanks for the clarification.

Lord Ras