SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #258

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 13:19:31 PDT 1997

<< I cheat, i get the really cheap bacon with very little meat, and if
 teased just right you can make a sort of net out of it, that for
 crespinettes and small applications works ok
 margali >>

Thanks for the idea. I was wondering if you think that fresh strips of side
pork could be used for the same purpose? The smoky qualitty of the bacon
tends to make me somewhat hesitant to use it in this recipe. With richness of
the fish stock and the added smoky flavor from the bacon I can see the taste
of the relatively bland dumpling becoming over-powered.

Lord Ras