SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #258

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Sep 10 10:38:45 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> Have you tried writing directly to him? I haven't had any problem with
>
> getting questions asked in the past...
>
> Lord Ras

I did write directly to him c/o his publisher-the common accepted way to
reach an author unless they publish a specific mailing address. The
letter was very polite albeit the corrections part was 17 pages log. I
was hoping that because he mentioned the SCA and complete anachronist i
was involved in the creation of he might take me seriously. I even sent
him several recioes for things he has occasionally wondered about on his
show. I do like many of the recipes he has, but i will forever disregard
his suggestion to put peelings and the matter one would normally discard
as inedible in soup stock. The blackish gunk between the layers of onion
and skin is a fungus, one of several hundred varieties is possible-and
several of the varieties are very toxic and i feel that if you would not
serve it, you shouldn't cook with it[i am no referring to bones or
carcass trimmings and the tough buits of the asparagus or cruciform
veggies, i am referring to onion, carrot, potato peelings-things that
regularly get tossed for sanitary reasons.]

margali