SC - Caul-not pleasant

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Sep 11 07:30:40 PDT 1997

Griff41520 at aol.com wrote:

> Lord Ras,
> Elisabeta says the membrane is called the peritoneum-the membrane
> lining the
> abominal cavity.  Not sure if its the same membrane that connects the
> guts
> together or if the term is just used for the membrane that lines the
> abdominal cavity.
> There, now isn't that clear as mud!
> Ivy~
> who is by no means a doctor!

 If memory serves, the peritoneum lines the cavity of the abdomen, if
you dissassemble a chicken in its raw state, you will see a very thin
membrane lining the cavity and separating the muscle mass from th
eabdomen, the mesentary is that membrabe that supports the intestines
and internal organs by webbing between them, which is why when you
slaughter they sort of tumble out interconnected.

I know, clear as mud-but what do you expect, it's been 15 years since I
took anatomy!

margali