SC - snails and other th

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Sep 11 07:47:18 PDT 1997

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Ah, the old revulsion-after-the-fact thing. Gets 'em every time. I
> once
> served haggis to a dear friend, who pronounced it a yummy sausage, and
>
> wanted more. Only after seconds and thirds did the person discover the
>
> offal truth, and was fully prepared, for a couple of seconds, to hotly
>
> deny having enjoyed it. However, I know B.S. when I am faced with it,
> and the poor lady had to admit that she loved liver, hearts, etc.,
> WHEN
> PROPERLY DISGUISED.

I have had haggis, and honestly didnt like it, but I love organ meat by
itself when cooked properly, so go figure. I have been served dog, and
enjoyed it[korean friends who wanted to play a joke on me] and i admit i
asked for seconds, but then I traveled extensively in europe, so i have
Been exposed to foods that most people haven't, I totally mystify
Am-Fran Meatpackers as they do horse for the european market, and I am
their only american customer.

margali