SC - Soup stock

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 11 19:46:43 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> As a matter of course I scrub and wash my vegetables well but do not, for the
> most part peel them. Most of the vitamins are immediately under the skin.
> There is nothing unsanitary about the skins if you wash them first.
>
> Lord Ras

Especially after they've come to a boil and simmered for anywhere from
40 minutes to eight hours, depending on what kind of stock you are
making. BTW, never put potato peelings in a stock; they'll cloud it
almost irrevocably.

Carrots, onions, leeks, cabbage (used judiciously), parsnips, turnips
(again, with discretion), mushrooms, and a plethora of other vegetables
are all fair game.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com