SC - Moroccan Couscous

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Sep 15 08:02:03 PDT 1997

Okay, I promised you the recipe for Moroccan Couscous. I served this topped
with Murrakabba for the Coronation of Mahdi and Valeria last year. I doubt
that it's period. I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times (June 1995). A
really great magazine, by the way.

Moroccan Couscous

1 1/2 cups couscous
1 Tbs dried chives
2 tsp. curry powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp granulated garlic
6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced (not oil-packed)
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup pine nuts
Dried bananas, roasted chashews or cookies (optional)

Mix together couscous, chives, curry, salt, garlic and tomatoes.

Add couscous mixture to water in a saucepan. Birng to a boil; cook 1 to 2
minutes. Turn off heat, cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with
fork.  Stir in pine nuts. Serve with yoiur choice of accompaniments.

Serves 6.

This is basically from the magazine. I left out the tomatoes and made
substitutions of the accompaniments.  I added dried banana, cashews,
some pine nuts.  This dish is very easy, tasty, and fairly inexpensive.

'appy Cooking.

Yers,

Gunthar