SC - SC-Recipe Help

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 19:34:32 PDT 1997

 Good and smart readers and lurkers of the list.  I have come upon a recipe
in
 a mundane cookbook which claims to be old french...I enclude it below and
beg
 to see if someone can come up with a period equivelent.  It tastes
wonderful.>>

Mind you, this is my interpretation of a period equivalent and is not
actually a redaction of s period recipe!

 Venison Game Pie

 2TBSP Olive oil
 3 pounds grond venison. minced
 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
 2 cups almond milk
 2 ozs mushrooms, chopped
 Salt and freshly ground pepper
 2/3 tsp galingal, ground
1/2 tsp. cubebs, ground
3/4 tsp. grains of paradise, ground
q/3 tdp. ginger, groung

 French pastry shell:
 4 cups unbleached flour
 1 tsp salt
 1 1/4 cup lard, cubed
 2 eggs
 1 3/4 cup cold water
 1 TBSP Olive oil

 TO make the filling,
 Brown the venison in the olive oil, remove venison and saute the onions and
parsley in the pan drippings.  Add the venison, along with the almond milk,
mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste.  Place in the pastry shell done in
the usual way. Cover with a top, and cook in a pre heated 400 degree oven for
15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake 1 hour.  Serve with Boiled
Strawberries and Sugar on top..

What do ya' think?

Lord Ras