SC - Cook's badge

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Thu Sep 18 23:21:45 PDT 1997

> and those of you who are "sombodies" with fancy hats or other regalia often
> seem unapproachable to those of us who have nothing more than an aoa, if that.
>  A badge would also mean "hi, if you have one of these you are welcome to come
> and introduce yourself", and it would eventually get out to people that the
> badge meant "hi, even if you don't have one of these, I will happily talk your
> ear off about food if you ask".  Here we are all meeting eachother on equal
> footing, with no preconceptions or old-boys-club syndrome.  I think a badge
> would carry that out of virtual-reality and into common event reality.
> -brid
> (mouthy/shy depending on company, only an AoA, still waithing to be told what
> to draw- a wheeled salamander!, then it is a nef and a pun on the heating
> device!)

>From other interests, I may know someone who could make up a large number
of cooks badges, at low cost as would be in bulk. If we can agree on a
design, I'd put up the funds for the first batch. Anyone interested?

Esko Sola

***
"Sanity is a one-trick horse. Sure, it gives you nice things like rational
thought, but when you're insane THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!"  -- The Tick

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---