SC - Badges, we need stinkin . . . (was Salamanders)

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Sep 19 09:20:04 PDT 1997

> I'd leave the decision to Gunther, for three reasons.  One, a single symbol
> might have some real meaning, but many won't.  Two, he's conducted himself
> like a gentleman about all this teasing, and I can respect that.

I like the salamander motif but I do worry about the conflicts, especially just
a fieldless badge. A nef could be fun also. But since I am in no way an artist
I would not be able to figure out what would be more difficult to create. I think
some sort of symbol that would be easy to make into pewter badges or embroidered
patches/banners would be ideal.

It really shouldn't be up to me to decide. I would rather let those who are
capable of creating such a badge/danglie/symbol decide what would and would not
work.  Once a few ideas are created we will put it to a vote and have it done.

First question:  Should this be a registered badge or a "pilgrim's badge"?
Second question:  What should be on this badge?
Third question:  How would this be displayed?
Fourth question:  Would you wear/display it?

> And three, the list owner should have, at least, token authority. <PUN>

Oooh! For that comment I should make you decide!

> 	Tibor (:-)

Yers,

Gunthar
(Beginning to feel older than his red curly locks indicate)