SC - Commemorative Cooking

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 19 09:52:31 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

>   Adamantius, who knows the story of Ruslan and the pearls
>
> Tell?
>
>         Tibor

I thought you did, Excellency.

Lord Ras, please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't HM Ruslan wearing a
garment studded with pearls while doing all the wrestling? Lord Ras,
also a fine costumer, I understand, had apparently made the garment in
question, and had a front row seat as the pearls were cast (popped)
before alligators and bears.

Gee. The worst thing I've ever done to an innocent piece of garb was to
leap headfirst into a lit convection oven while wearing my lovely white
14th century Mediterranean cook's cote that Mistress Katherine
Gilliesfleur made me. (How's THAT for gonzo?)

The cote, BTW, is the nicest piece of work garb you could imagine. I
took a new white Bragard chef's coat over to Mistress Katherine's one
day, and asked her to help me find a period functional equivalent, that
does everything a chef's coat does: bias gusseted in the backs of the
shoulders to allow freedom of movement, double-thick cuffs (long so they
could be rolled up for extra protection, a quilted breast and high
collar to protect against scald burns, and many little cloth buttons so
it can be ripped off quickly in case of fire. A little round baker's
cap, like a vented sailor hat, goes with it.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com