SC - pilgrim badges

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 19 22:10:33 PDT 1997

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Now we're getting somewhere. On a field argent (or is there a better
> term to describe iron heraldically?) a heraldic salamander (which by
> definition, I believe, IS flaming anyway) displayed. Would an orange
> salamander constitute Or on Argent, and therefore a Crime Against
> Heraldry?
>
> Adamantius, outta his league here

I sort of had the mildest thot that heraldically proper was one of those
vague exceptions....but I am not a herald.

If we were to take the pin/hat doodad way, we could simply have a
salamander surrounded with flames on a triangle, paint the triangle
yellow for the cheese, and the salamander flametones and wear it
thataway...

margali