SC - Disappointment

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 18:26:21 PDT 1997

<< I
 have been going through Apicius with a fine-tooth comb, and while I have
 been able to locate isicia of mussels, and of squillfish, I have not
 been able to locate the scallop recipe Vehling includes in his
 translation, so either he was using a different manuscript from Flower
 and Rosenbaum (the definitive version, IMO,) or he has distorted the
 original text for some reason. >>

<sigh> I suppose that this means that Isicia ex Spondylis is out at the
Lady's Champion s Tourney is out as 'period'? <sigh> Back to the drawing
board and please accept my apologies, SCA-Cooks for posting my first piece og
garbage.:-(

Lord Ras (It was tasty tho' and inclusion in mundane recipe files would not
be out of line.)