SC - Held up feast

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Mon Sep 22 05:52:53 PDT 1997

Ron Martino Jr wrote:

>         I've actually seen this problem from another side - in
> Artemisia we
> often hold court *after* the feasts, so as to not spoil the cooks'
> efforts.

We used to do that, here in the East, but I've discovered that we're not
(generally) as tolerant of traveling long distances to go to events.  My
Duke and Duchess, recent transplants from your great kingdom, are
constantly amazed at how close events are here.  (Coronation is less
than an hour away.)

I don't know for sure why things changed to put feasts after court, but
I'm grateful for it.  I have children, who find it difficult to sit
still for a long feast, and I'm reluctant to inflict their antsy-ness on
the rest of the populace.  They like the food well enough, but it makes
a long day for them.  If court is held first, we can go home earlier.
When I intend to stay for the feast, I leave the kids at home, or only
take the older one.

This may be a bit off-topic, but I suppose it pertains to food (as in
when to schedule the meal).  Assuming the event is not Coronation
(which, here, is all day courts), is there a reason why Court can't be
held earlier in the day?  Can we hold court first, then the tourneys, or
whatever, so that the feast can be held (theoretically) on time?

Rosalinde
- --
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/