SC - cloven fruit

Mon Sep 22 13:39:16 PDT 1997

  Yeah, as I understand it, frangipane (which apparently originated in the
  late 17th century), is sort of a pastry cream with almond paste (which
  latter is different from marzipan primarily in the proportions). Now it
  is frequently used in conjunction with puff paste or choux paste, but
  I'm not aware of any dramatic puffing up of frangipane in the cooking
  process.

Actually, I saw an old re-run of Julia Child this weekend, where she talked
about puff pastry with almond creme.  She said her almond creme would get
runny, not puffy.

God, she's a fun one to watch cook.

	Tibor