SC - Ein Guter Spise

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 10:45:41 PDT 1997

<<
 Another is Leek Greens

 600 g Leek whites
 30 g rice flour
 salt, pepper, nutmeg, basil to taste

 Clean leeks and cut into fine rings. Mix in rice flour. Make almond milk by
 mixing 75 g Almond powder, 250 ml wine, 1 tsp Almond essence, 1 tsp sugar
 together very well. Pour over the leeks with the spices and stew on very low
 heat until leeks are done.

 Note: we mixed it all up, and set it aside until 20 minutes before serving
so
 that it went out immediatly after cooking.

      Are the leek rings sauteed after dredging in the rice flour? Otherwise,
I would think that just mixing the rice flour into the almond milk would work
better and be less likely to create lumps in the sauce.........
      Nifty recipes---thanks! Do you have any more info on the cookbook that
they are from originally? (Author, date, etc.?)

Ldy Diana
Meridies