SC - Dance Collegium Gnoshies

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:50:42 PDT 1997

Okay, everyone:

I'm getting to that really amped-up state that I get into right
before a major event; just completed my dance notes (at
the tail end of lunch hours) for my two classes.  Tonight, I
leave work and hit the ground running to lead one of the
shire's two work parties to make food for tomorrow.  We've
got the "antipasto" platters (not strictly speaking antipasti,
as we're not having "pasti" later (:-)), but many olives and
artichoke heart type of things.  Our major requirement for
this event was to make *everything* finger foods.

There's a peculiar fascination in this part of the world for "English
high tea" type things.  I enjoy English high tea, but I'm trying to
steer us away from cucumber sandwiches (without much luck).

Thanks to the kind souls who contributed the Turkish Coffee and
candied citrus peel recipes.  You saved my life.  :-)

I just wanted to type for a couple of minutes to discharge some
adrenaline.  There will be people with sharp knives waiting for me
when I get home :-), and I'm really amped.

P.S. - We had a "brag thread" going--I wanted to mention that I
received an honorable mention (in the form of a fine green wool
hood) from Queen Mikhailina at Queen's Prize Tourney two weeks ago.
I made Wardons in Syrope, and I did glance over the recipes that
various folks had posted for inspiration.  Ultimately, it was sort of
an amalgamation of several versions, cooked over a pre-Columbian
Coleman stove on the tailgate of a pickup truck in the parking lot.
:-)  Less than ideal conditions.  I was the only artist there who got
sunburnt.  :-)

I'm so glad we have this list!

Berengaria
Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands