SC - cookies/different textures

Ladypeyton at aol.com Ladypeyton at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 06:10:43 PDT 1997

>> ooh, ooh!  would that be why sometimes my chocolate chip cookies come
>> out all raised and solid, instead of really thin and chewy between the
>> chips (almost like a soft chewy candy texture), the way I -want- them
>> to?  because I'm creaming the sugars and marg. too well, not leaving
>> enough little butter lumpettes (sic)? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the
>> idea!  we've been going nuts the last year or two, never knowing what to
>> expect out of the oven, but mostly not getting what we really want!

There is a new cookbook out called Cookwise: The Secrets of Cooking
Revealed.....It has a section that explains  everything you wanted to know
about chocolate chip cookies and their differing results.  It's an incredible
find if you are not a professional and want to know exactly WHY your recipe
is doing exactly what it is doing.  O think in your case it is because you
are using margerine instead of butter, but that is just from scanning the
section.  It should still be in the "New Releases" section of your bookstore.

Peyton