SC - advise (oop)

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:45:31 PDT 1997

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 29-Sep-97 Re: SC - advise
(oop) Maddie Teller-Kook at io.co (1503*)

> If you want to do cheesecake... how about a period recipe?  I have made
> a roman cheesecake (out of Giacosa's book) that is pretty tasty and very
> rich. If you would like the recipe, I can share...

The White Torte from Platina is excellent--I served it with strawberries
recently at a local Music and Dance collegium.  Since the strawberries
were "Bobolu Strawberries" (the company, I think), we referred to the
dish as Ricky Ricotta Cheesecake.

There is a redaction of this in the Miscellany, though I'd recommend a
few less egg whites and a little more cheese then called for in that
recipe.

toodles, margaret