SC - Piquant foods

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 1 09:33:33 PST 1998

Niamh of Wyvern Cliffes asked:

>I remember eating a barley dish at a feast, but so far, have had no luck in
>finding a recipe.  Can't remember if it contained mushrooms or not...just that
>it was good.  Anyone out there with a recipe?  Any and all appreciated.

You might want to take a look at this file in the FOOD section
of my Stefan’s Florilegium:

rice-grains-msg   (39K)  2/26/98    Medieval rice and grains. Recipes. Cooking.

There are a number of the recipes for barley, rice and other grains that
have been mentioned on this list in this file. I will be adding some
more in the near future.

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous