SC - RE: Is camping without a cooler out of period?

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Apr 4 18:35:19 PST 1998

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, LrdRas wrote:
> Horseradish was known in Egypt at least by 1500 C.E. and is one of the 5
> bitter herbs used by the Jewish population eat at Passover. The Romans were

Thank you for the information Lord Ras, I am truly thankful.  One bit of
warning though, I wouldn't rely too heavily (which you didn't, but this
goes for other things as well) on Jewish traditions related to holidays,
as many of them are not quite as old as they are given credit (suf ganyot
for Channukah for example.)

thanks again,
Bogdan