SC - Ostrich, and cruelty to geese

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 5 17:15:31 PDT 1998

Salut!  I am working on an upcoming feast, and in looking at the recipes I
have a ton of questions that I hope someone can help out with.

1) I am planning on having daryols, but I am caught between the Pleyn
Delit-Forme of Cury version and the Miscellany-Ancient coockery version.
Especially when it comes down to the whole multitude of colors thing.
Does someone have a translation of Platina's version of Daryols that they
could post?

2)I am opening with Wardonys in Syrup, and I have found a few different
versions.  Some boils the pears till tender in water, and some use a red
wine with mulberries.  I was wondering if anyone had done this and which
they used, and results, that sort of thing...  Also, if there is anything
restrictive about the European distribution of Morus Spp., however I don't
remember hearing about any.

3) Powder blanche.  constituents?  ratios?

4) In pleyn Delit (from Diversa Servisia) is a chireseye recipe, where
part of the instructions are to "stik therin clowis of gilofre..."  Any
suggestions?

6) I am also looking for an entertaining pickled recipe. If you have any
favorites, I would be indebted.

thanks in advance,
Bogdan din Brasov
heilveil at uiuc.edu