SC - Uses for Rose Syrup

THL Renata THLRenata at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 11:07:15 PDT 1998

Not to bring up the long dead topic of whether corn is a period food item
again, but I was directed to a web site discussing an excavation of a
Carmelite Friary in Europe and I am attaching one of the web pages here:

http://www.bawue.de/~wmwerner/essling/english/karmel03.html

For those of you without web access, the site states the following:

"Perfectly preserved in the waterlogged sediments were the remains of a 13th
century corn mill, consisting of the wooden foundations and an over 6 metre
long water-wheel drife shaft."

I have written the owner of the site to get further information on this
discovery.  But I thought you would all like to know.

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation
Colorado Springs, Colorado