SC - Of Interest

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 6 11:35:39 PDT 1998

In British usage (which is commonly the European form of English for some
strange reason), corn can be any of the various cereal plants or grains, and
is used to refer to the principle crop cultivated in a particular region,
such as wheat in England or oats in Scotland.

I would be cautious about saying that Zea mays was milled at the site based
on the Middle English word for grain.

The site is interesting.

Bear