SC - Food Spoilage Table

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Apr 6 21:16:52 PDT 1998

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Konstanza von Brunnenburg wrote:

> Still, I wonder how often you'll see corn (maize) on a menu or served in
> someone's home in Europe even these days.  Is it even available over there
> in your average grocery store?

Sweden:

canned: every grocery store

froozen:  every grocery store, both singly, in mixes or as part of
	froozen veggie mixes, and on the cob

fresh: seasonally (it is even grown here, on a small scale)

cornstarch: "everywhere"

popcorn: both ready popped in bags, microwave and regular popping corn
	"everywhere".

Real cornfour (i.e. for cornbread) is harder to find, but I have located
a source for Quaker brand in Stockholm.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei     parlei <at> algonet.se
Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again.
		-- Lazarus Long (R.A. Heinlein)