SC - archimboldo

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Tue Apr 7 09:35:09 PDT 1998

For a far eastern and partial silk route feast, why not read Marco Polo? If
memory served, the Orient Express and Pan Am didn't exist, and he had to
travel pretty much the entire length of the route, and I vaguely remember
him complaining about the food. There were also other authors in the very
late period that also compained about the food, and for a number of years
much of russia was under mongolian rule, so I can check an hagiography from
russia I have to see if it says anything about the food along the volga.
margali
amid her books humming along to medowlands and the volga boatman...