SC - Food in the Arts: Was: Corn

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 8 14:07:13 PDT 1998

                      RE>SC - Request:  Recipe for whole pig?      4/8/98

<snip>	Has anyone done this before?  I need lots of pointers:  Time, height
from spit to fire, good marinade recipes, good places on the carcass to tuck
herbs, problems we might encounter... anything you can think of.
		- kat
<snip>

Oooh aahhh!  I can't remember where I saw it, and it probably wasn't period-
but I seem to recall a recipe for whole roast beast where the body cavity was
stuffed with fruit... the juices would sort of baste it from inside.  Apples
and dried apricots and raisins would be good with pig... maybe with sage and
rosemary?
- -brid