SC - Request: Recipe for whole pig?

morganna themorrigan at softhome.net
Wed Apr 8 15:44:55 PDT 1998

Brid (I think) wrote:

>Are there similar representations from other artists in other
>countries?  I am looking at a postcard.  It doesn't tell us if they
>were eaten or how, but it does show that things were familiar in a
>certain place at a certain time.

There are a fair number of books of varying types with food in art.
The Dutch painters were particularly fond of still lifes with food.
It's one of the better sources for what some period confections looked
like.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've found interesting books
at stores such as Waldenbooks and have a lovely one entitled "Still
Life" which mostly contains period art divided into sections such as
animals, foods, plants...The cover has a gorgeous glass goblet on it.

Alys Katharine