SC - Blood Oranges

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Thu Apr 9 04:34:33 PDT 1998

Wolfmother said:
>Commercial eggs sold in grocery stores have been in cold storage
>(as a rule, folks.  I'm not saying every store-bought egg is old) for at least
>30-60 days before it hits the cooler at the store.

Where are you getting this information? Unless there is some particular
reason to age eggs, this seems a rather long time. All that cold-storage
costs money.  It would seem that, within limits, the quicker the egg
gets to the store, the lower the production costs would be. Thus, the
cheaper the store could sell the eggs for, or conversely the more profit they
could make. This just seems like a much longer than needed transit time
for something in constant production.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(I am an electronics engineer. Not a food wholesaler or logistics expert.)